An open work permit is a work permit that is not job-specific. Because it is not job-specific, you will not need the following when you apply for your work permit:
- a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada; or
- proof that an employer has submitted an offer of employment through the Employer Portal and paid the employer compliance fee.
Can apply for open work permit if you –
- are the spouse of someone who have Canadian permanent residence
- are the spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or international student
- are the spouse or common-law partner of an applicant of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
- are a refugee, refugee claimant, protected person or their family member